On Helpful Games, we want you to treat others in the same way as you want to be treated yourself. To minimize the risk of someone to feel harassed or offended, we have set up a number of rules that must be followed. If you publish information about other people, you are responsible under the Data Protection Act for your publication. A violation of the laws can lead to damages and in some cases penalties.
When you become a member, you agree to our Terms and Conditions below. Therefore it is important that you first read our rules so that you know what is okay and what is not:
- By creating an account on Helpful Games, you will also become a member at the Swedish translation of the site at Elevspel.se. Helpful Games hereby also includes the services provided through Elevspel.se.
- You who create a teacher account or parent account are at least 18 years old.
- If you create an account for a student, you mush have permission to do so. This usually means that you have the student’s permission and parental consent, if the student is less than 18 years old.
- Every use of Helpful Games is subject to these terms, no matter if it’s via web browser, mobile app or another media.
- Incorrect information on faulty registration may result in your account being deleted.
- You are only allowed to have one membership on Helpfulgames.com. Members who do not comply can without warning have their membership terminated.
- As a member, you are ultimately responsible for your login information. You are considered responsible for all activities that occur through your account.
- If you give us permission when creating your account, Helpful Games may send out offers and perform market research with your member data.
- Helpful Games has the right to review your membership account when suspicions of abuse of these conditions exist.
- Helpful Games may, at any time, change or remove one or several games or other services provided through HelpfulGames.com without prior notice. The user is only entitled to use the service in its current state.
- The user is responsible for having the necessary technical equipment in order to use the services offered by Helpful Games.
- Helpful Games takes no responsibility and gives no guarantees for the availability or accuracy of services provided through Helpful Games. Helpful Games also reserves the right to adjust, correct or delete users as well as individual tasks.
- Helpful Games use data input from users to improve services, troubleshoot bugs and ensure the operation and functionality of the provided services.
- All content is protected by Copyright laws and may not be copied or reproduced without approval from Helpfulgames.
- In order to be allowed to create your own games, you must be at least 18 years old and of legal age. Students are not allowed to create games.
- As a member you agree not to upload stolen texts or images that you do not have rights to use. If such infringement of copyright would occur, the image or text will immediately be removed and the member will be liable to the copyright holder. Helpful Games can never be held responsible for members’ uploaded texts or images.
- Every member owns the rights to her own texts and pictures and is free to do whatever she wants with them. Helpful Games holds the right to transfer all, or part of, its collected material to a third party without compensation to the member.
- All games are reviewed by Helpful Games before they are approved for publication. This applies only to games marked as public, but private games may also be reviewed if we find it necessary. This is true whether the game is public, or only visible to your students. However, it is always the game creator who is responsible for the content of the game created. Helpfulgames reserves the right to correct spelling mistakes and other obvious errors in the texts.
- All games created may be used to promote this site at anytime, anywhere without prior consulting you as the game creator.
- Public games must:
- Be suitable for all students and be well suited to the specified target group.
- Be free of errors and misspellings. If Helpfulgames are informed that a game is inaccurate, the game can be removed from the public. The user can then correct any errors and resubmit the game.
- Be ad-free. We accept no games containing any form of advertising.
- Be unique. There must not be another game at Helpfulgames which is almost identical.
- Have an English title and description. If Swedish is desired, the game may instead be created on elevspel.se.
- Be well documented in the descriptions and also easy to understand.
- Practice students in one or more abilities in one or more subjects in a pedagogically well-structured way that also appeals to other educators.
- Be playable on all platforms supported by Helpful Games, ie updated browsers on both computers and popular tablets.
- Helpful Games reserves the right to refuse a game from public publication, eg if any of the above requirements are not met.
If you violate our rules
We are performing spot checks of what is going on at Helpful Games and we also receive complaints from visitors and other users. On suspicion, complaints or tips on any member violating the rules, we check this by going through our event logs. If we find that someone violated the terms and conditions, we can warn the user, and in serious cases block the member. In cases where the offense is both rough and a violation of law, we may notify the police. If we find something that is offensive and degrading, and against the rules are, we will remove the content without warning and the responsible user will be removed.
Membership is personal and valid until further notice. If you want to terminate the membership, you may do so by contacting us. Helpful Games reserves the right to display advertisements to you and your students, provided that you are not an active plus member.
You are not allowed to use the information provided on Helpful Games in any other way than through the distribution channels provided by Helpful Games, primarily www.helpfulgames.com and www.elevspel.se.
Helpful Games is responsible for the management of the personal data that you as a customer provide to us. Your personal data will be processed by Helpful Games to manage the customer relationship. Your consent to how the information about you is displayed, used and stored in services provided by Helpful Games and described here, is required in order for you to use Helpful Games. Helpful Games also wants that you, who are a teacher/parent, agree that data about your students/children is used as below. If necessary, Helpful Games presupposes that you as a customer, from each student’s guardian, has obtained consent to the data management about your students / children, as described below.
Data and data usage
At Helpful Games, teachers, parents, students and children stores personal data and other information used in pre-school, during school and in other types of education. Examples are game results, contact info (address, phone and e-mail), messages, personal profile, individual action plans and performance reviews. The information is stored for you and your students or children.
The information is used for the support of learning in and outside of school. The data is published through Helpful Games’ services only for authorized and logged in members of Helpful Games, which belong to or are related to the same groups as you, and who is authorized to see the data. For example, the teachers working with a student’s class will see the student’s individual game results. Personal data of users who are not students can be published publicly on Helpful Games if the user has actively chosen this in the user settings. Such publication is intended to show who’s the creator a particular public game.
Helpful Games will not disclose personal information to third parties without your permission, unless applicable law requires us to do so.
At any time, you may log in to your account at Helpful Games and see the data stored about you and the children or students you have permission to access.
Helpful Games also stores personal data to communicate with the person who submits a contact request via contact form, e-mail or other means of communication, and to handle the matter. The legal basis for the storage is initially that the storage is necessary to carry out a balance of interests. Personal data in communication with Helpful Games follows our rules on storage, see below, but deletion can also take place immediately after finished communication, depending on the content of the contact request.
Information security and storage
The information in the services of Helpful Games is stored and managed on servers in Sweden. The data is backed up regularly to minimize the risk of information loss and downtime. All information is retained as long as the associated user account exists. Helpful Games reserves the right to delete information considered outdated. Correction of incorrect personal information is done by the user after login, or by Helpful Games upon request if login is not possible. If a person requests to be deleted from Helpful Games, all stored data for that user will be deleted or, if deletion is not possible, anonymized.
Development and maintenance of Helpful Games is financed by plus membership and ads. Users having an active plus membership will not be shown ads on Helpful Games.
Users without a plus membership will be shown different types of ads. These occur mainly in the form of banner ads. Ads may in some rare cases also occur in specific emails or other media.
Helpful Games has a strict ethical and moral view of the advertisers and the messages in their ads. Helpful Games uses mainly Google AdSense for ad delivery and you may read Google’s rules for using their services on their website and also their policy for advertising.
For non-contracted advertising on Helpful Games, such as in games or comments, the member will immediately be shut down or fined.
As a plus member, the adult user or student user (connected to a group with an active plus membership) will not see ads on Helpful Games.
A plus membership must be activated within 6 months from order date.
The agreement applies only to the type of account ordered. A plus membership for teachers cannot be used for a parent and vice versa.
Buyer agrees to pay invoices within 30 days. Objections to invoices shall be made within seven days. Payment for plus membership is always done with invoice sent by email along with the activation code and is always paid to an IBAN and BIC bank account or a Swedish Bankgiro if applicable.
No automatic renewal of a plus membership will take place, but an e-mail message will be sent out about 30 days before the contract expires and inform you about this. If you want to renew your membership, you will have to make a separate request for it.
The purchaser is responsible for the correctness of the billing address.
Helpful Games charges no invoice fee, but in case of no or insufficient payment there will be a reminder fee ($ 10) and interest for the time credit has been utilized (22.2%).
Advice for password
Do not reveal your password to anyone else. If you believe that someone has access to your login, you should immediately change your password. If you are logged on to a computer that other people uses, please remember to log out when finished. We advise you to change your password upon your first login, but also at regular intervals. Do not use the same password for multiple services.
It is only the responsible teacher who can change a student’s password. Use a moderately difficult password and not a password you or the student would use elsewhere. This is because the student’s password is stored in a format that makes it possible to be decrypted. Student passwords must be readable so you and the student’s other teachers (through groups) can read the student’s password and help him or her with login problems.