It is possible to connect a student’s e-mail address to the student’s Helpfulgames account. The purpose of doing this is for being able to do the following:
- Let the student log on via Google, Facebook or Microsoft, if the e-mail address is registered in those services.
- Let the student use the email address as username at login. The original username can also be used in parallel.
- Send notice of assignments, such as if the due date is approaching. Not implemented yet.
- Send notice of unread messages from teachers or parents. Not implemented yet.
To assign an email address to a student’s account:
- Log in as a teacher or parent with access to the student.
- Click the button Students.
- Click on the group in which the student is included.
- Click on the student’s name in the list of students.
- Enter the student’s e-mail address in the Email Address field. Click the Save button.
Helpfulgames will never send out general e-mail messages to the student’s e-mail address.
Please note that it is not the parent’s email address that should be entered here.